Full-day conference on Corporate Governance
Date: 19th November 2019
Venue: Salini Resort, Salina
Price: €100 excl. VAT per person (incl. buffet lunch & coffee breaks)
CPE Accreditation: 5.75 hours Core competency in terms of the Accountancy Board’s CPE Scheme and Accreditation Rules.
What does good Corporate Governance mean?
As a minimum, good corporate governance means a company’s board of directors never loses sight of how its capital is being managed, how its risks are being mitigated, and stakeholders’ interests, protected. But good corporate governance can, and should, be so much more!
CSB Legal is bringing together leaders in corporate governance to discuss best practices on corporate governance in today’s modern boardrooms.
Learn from seasoned chairs and directors of Malta’s largest companies during a full-day conference which will cover:
- The Regulator’s expectations;
- The Pillars of Good Corporate Governance;
- Corporate Governance in the Digital era;
- The importance of a qualified, balanced, board;
- Risk Management;
- Ethics, Self-Regulation, and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Women on Boards;
- What years of experience has taught experienced directors.
Speakers and Panellists
- Dr Michael Xuereb – Malta Financial Services Authority
- Mr Edwin Ward – Institute of Directors Malta
- Dr Davinia Cutajar – CSB Legal
- Mr Mark Watkinson – Institute of Directors Malta
- Mr Martin Galea – MAPFRE Middlesea, Joinwell, Printex
- Mr Sonny Portelli – BMIT Technologies plc
- Mr Jim Wright – Shulmans LLP
- Mr Jesmond Saliba – Ci Consulta
- Dr Roberta Lepre – Weave Consulting
- Mrs Antoinette Caruana – Farsons plc
- Mr Charles Borg – PG plc
A detailed agenda and speakers list are available here.
Who should attend?
Executive and Non-Executive Directors, CEOs, Chairs, Company Secretaries, Managers, Compliance Officers, Risk Officers, In-House Legal Counsel, Lawyers, Company Administrators, Corporate Services Providers, Trustees, Licensed Entities, PLCs.
Why should you attend?
- To discuss the best practices on governance with top experts in this industry;
- To hear about the most recent developments in the industry;
- To learn key risk management strategies that will serve any company;
- To evaluate your practices against other governance professionals’ practices;
- To acquire new tools to develop yourself, as a professional, or use at your company;
- To network with peers interested in the same industry.
A certificate of attendance will be awarded to all attendees. Should you wish to join our highly informative conference, kindly register your place by completing our registration form.
For further information kindly contact us on [email protected]